Real Thailand & Laos
This 14-day exploration of the South East Asian countryside is sure to keep you guessing at every turn. Kick off in old Bangkok, wind through northern Thailand with some fun times Chiang Mai, then cross the border into Laos where you’ll be able to see the authentic side to this landlocked country. Cruise on the mighty Mekong, laze in Laos’ beauty queen Luang Prabang, love on nature in Vang Vieng and finish up in sleepy Vientiane. You know they’re a welcoming bunch when you cross something called the Friendship Bridge. Take a leaf out of the Laotians book and make a few new friends in this part of the world.
- Bangkok – Chinatown walking tour
- Chiang Mai – Muay Thai Class (Thai boxing)
- Mekong River – 2 day boat cruise
- Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves
- Luang Prabang – Alms giving ceremony
- Luang Prabang – orientation walk
- Luang Prabang – Wat Xieng Thong
- Vang Vieng – Tham Jung Cave
- Vientiane – Wat Si Saket
- Vientiane – Leader orientation walk
- Vientiane – COPE visit
- To get you ready for the Laotian lifestyle, make your way through northern Thailand and through charming Chiang Mai – the true temple city.
- Laos equals laidback. This is one of the most chilled-out countries going around, and you’ll have heaps of free time to explore at your own pace.
- Two days of cruising down the Mekong River in a traditional-style boat is one Southeast Asia’s classic trips, with more photo-ops than you can shake a bamboo cane at.
- The UNESCO-listed city of Luang Prabang is a serious slice of history. Between the French villas and the blazing sunsets over the Mekong, you won’t know which way to look.
- You know those pictures of that Laos lagoon, the ones of cascading pools drenched in gorgeous rays of sun? That’s Kuang Si Waterfalls, and you’ll have the chance to swim there!
Bangkok - Overnight Train
Mekong River - Pakbeng